Ayurvedic Antidotes for Healthy Travel
Ayurvedic theory may appear complex, but its medicine originates from a very practical science. This workshop will provide a deeper understanding of why travel can impact health negatively and how routines that are followed prior and during trave can offset illness from travel. Create a toolbox complete with Ayurvedic antidotes for common imbalances experienced during travel. Some of the symptoms we will be addressing include: gas, bloating, dry eyes, nausea and insomnia. Some knowledge of the Doshas, Vata, Pitta and Kapha will be helpful but not required for this class.
Location: Staples High School (Westport Continuing Education Program)
Date: Tuesday, March 3
Time: 7:00pm – 8:30pm
Limited to 10 participants.
The Healing Power of Ayurveda (Westport Continuing Education Workshop)
This 3 day workshop series will take place over 3 weeks and you will learn how to incorporate Ayurveda’s basic guidelines into your daily life for your body type to increase energy levels, improve gut health and help you reach your weight goals with greater ease. Each class will be divided into lecture and hands on activity. We will be covering the following:
• Learn about your body type (Dosha) and what makes you tick
• Prepare homemade Ghee
• Discover the how the shifts in seasons creates shifts in digestion and what foods can most aggravate gut health when eaten outside of their season.
• Make your own digestive herbal formula to keep your tummy happy as the Holidays approach.
• Use the Circadian Rhythm to create a personal routine to strengthen gut health, promote better sleep and increase weight loss
• How to incorporate self massage to increase lymphatic flow, calm the nerves, and increase mental alertness.
Location: This course will be offered at Staples High School in Room 183 and 184
Date: 3 Mondays: April 27-May 11
To request a lesson on ayurveda please send a message through the contact page on this website.
Spring Seasonal Digestion Reset
Ayurvedic cleanses have been used for many centuries to restore balance in the body and mind. It is a way to improve digestion and boost immunity. When food, thoughts and experiences are not properly digested we experience imbalance in the gut and brain and communication between these two critical systems suffers, impacting the quality of health in all systems. This can result in anxiety, foggy brain and chronic fatigue.
12-day Ayurvedic Deep Spring Cleanse
So how do you know if your body needs a cleanse?
An Ayurvedic cleanse, or detoxification, may be indicated any time you feel excess ama, or the toxic byproducts of undigested food, emotions, and experiences. Symptoms of excessive ama include:
- Stiffness or achiness in the body
- Undesired weight gain or inability to lose excess weight
- Cravings, especially for sugar or processed carbohydrates
- Skin problems, such as dry skin, rash, or acne
- White coating on tongue, especially upon waking in the morning
This 12 day transformation is divided into 3 stages. Each of the three phases is vital to the overall cleanse. We will eat 3 meals per day, we will not be fasting.
Deep cleanse package includes:
- Intro Meet & Greet MARCH 28 (1.5hrs) 7pm – 8:30pm
- Closing Group Meeting APRIL 9 (1.5hrs) 6pm – 7:30pm
- Cleanse Guide handout
- Cleanse kit goodies (teas, skin care formulas, other goodies)
- Personal Support and Daily Guidance
- One customized Biofield balancing energy session (optional)
Pre-register to reserve your spot.
Anyone in any time zone can register!
March 28th – April 9th
FREE INFORMATIONAL TALK
MARCH 16TH, 7-8PM at 100 Danbury Road, Suite 100 (Turning Point Healing Arts and Education Center)